Conservation counts! Learn more about how to use electricity wisely and help the power grid.
Flex Alert tips
Click here to visit the Flex Alert website.
For the Home:
1. Set your thermostat at 78 degrees or higher when home and turn it off when away.
2. Keep the refrigerator full (with bottles of water if nothing else) and unplug that second unit.
3. Switch off the lights when you leave a room.
4. Avoid using appliances during peak hours of late afternoon and evening, 4-6 p.m. being most critical.
5. Reset your pool pump to run during off peak hours.
For the Office:
1. Turn off the computer monitor when you're away from your desk (it's the biggest power drain on your computer system).
2. Turn off the lights and computers in empty offices.
3. Switch off the coffee maker at 10 a.m., leave a full pot and reheat individual mugs in the microwave.
4. Leave half of the room's overhead lighting off -- it's a double savings, less light also means less heat so your air conditioner gets a break.
5. Check that office thermostats are set at 78 degrees or higher during the day and off in the evenings and weekends.
Conservation resources within the California energy industry
These websites are maintained by the agencies with which they are associated. The California ISO does not guarantee the accuracy or applicability for any particular purpose of these sites. Contact the sponsoring agency for more information regarding these sites.